Frases de Winston Churchill
- The price of greatness is responsibility.
- The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
- Personally, I’m always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught
- Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; others their principles for the sake of their party.
- He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
- An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
- I have never accepted what many people have kindly said—namely that I inspired the nation. Their will was resolute and remorseless, and as it proved, unconquerable. It fell to me to express it. – on his 80th birthday, address to Parliament 11/30/54
- Meeting Franklin Roosevelt was like opening your first bottle of champagne; knowing him was like drinking it.
- If the Almighty were to rebuild the world and asked me for advice, I would have English Channels round every country. And the atmosphere would be such that anything which attempted to fly would be set on fire.
- No comment is a splendid expression. I am using it again and again.
- My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.
- If you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time — a tremendous whack.
- War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can’t smile, grin. If you can’t grin, keep out of the way till you can.
- Eating words has never given me indigestion.
- Politics are almost as exciting as war, and quite as dangerous. In war you can only be killed once, but in politics many times.
- A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject.
- It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link in the chain of destiny can be handled at a time.
- Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time.